Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Try It Tuesday

Hi all for another "Try It Tuesday".  Can you believe that June is upon us?  Almost summer and we haven't had a Spring yet.  My dh says, "it always evens out", so I hope we have a long summer flowing into a warm autumn.

I've got two cards for you today, showcasing a Momas stamp set of 9 (3 images and 6 sentiments) called "Hibiscus and Lily.  Both of the colored images are one and the same.  This morning I had the card on the far left completed.  I love CAS, but it was boring me and I couldn't find just the right embellishment........  Later, I attacked the card and tore off the matted image, fussy cut the image, popped it onto a sponged piece of cardstock and the card you see on the right is what I ended up with.  Rummaging through my stack of drawers, I found a piece of metallic mesh, which I laid over white cardstock and sponged with color.  I think I should have held out for jP1020728 copyust the right embellishments for theP1020689 copy CAS card, what do you think?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I apologize for the camera picking up the glare of the glossy accents.

P1020731 copyMaterials used:  Hibiscus and Lily, sentiments and image, Cougar White Cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic Markers:  R24, RV23, RV29, R20, G28, YG63, YG24,  SU colors:  Purely Pomegranate, Pixie Pink and Apricot Appeal.  Cardstock:  Regal Rose, Black and Melon Mambo, and of course, glossy accents. Mesh and butterfly from stash.

 

 

 

Holy Catfish!  I just noticed a Sale going on in the Whimsy Store!!!  10% is nice, but how does 20% feel!!!!  Twice as good!!! Head on over and snap that rubber up before your favorite stamps are sold out!!

Until next week, "Stamp up a Storm, Ink up a Wish and send it on to someone to make them smile".

Rubber hugs, Whimsy Wishes,

3 comments:

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Beautiful shadings and colours Madge! Love what you ended up with! Great effects with the mesh. Gorgeous! Thanks for the tut! xx Kathy

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to find out what blog system you have been working with? I'm experiencing some minor security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more safe.

Do you have any recommendations?

Feel free to surf to my site :: Cafe SD

Anonymous said...

Hey Dahlin! Thinking of you sooooo very much these days. Love both these cards!! You WHAT???!! Cut out that beautiful stamped image!! You are one crazy lady - glad you're my friend....cuz you know birds of a feather, flock together....LOL
Your biggest fan,
KK