Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Try It Out Tuesday - Not Fat, Fluffy!

Hi all for another Try It Out Tuesday.  Madge here, "Just Chicken In". A friend's hubby has not been feeling well for a while.......  when I saw this stamp in my DT pkg, I thought it would make an absolutely perfect card to put a smile on his face.P1020790 copy

I used a June Release stamp by Chrissie Armstrong called Not Fat, Fluffy!! (my new favorite saying). To make the inside a little "egg-stra" special, I wrote in "Sorry to hear you've been "Cooped Up!"  Ok, enough sic humor.

Materials used:  Stamps: Not Fat, Fluffy!! SU sentiment, White Cougar Card stock, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Copic Markers:  R08, YR68, Y11, Y15, Y35, C0, C4, E21, E29, Y26, Y28. From Stash:  Maribou feather, jute twine, button, microfine black pen, SU embossing folder.  Red and Orange cardstock, Mustard Seed Distress ink (tag).

Misc. Details:   "Chicken Scratch" doodles were penned in around the outer edge of the image and four tiny holes were punched in the hay bale to insert knotted jute.  The little chick in the foreground was stamped, cut out and popped up over the jute.  If I could have found some yellow maribou in dh's fly-tying stuff, it would have been popped up behind the chickies to make them fluffy ......  but no such luck.  I did kidnap a brown one and popped it behind the matted image to add some interest.  Did you notice the chicken track stamp across the bottom of the background?

Hope today is "Egg-stra" special for you, wherever you may be.  Remember, Stamp up a Storm, Ink up a Whimsy Wish, and send it on to someone to make their day!

Rubber hugs, Whimsy Wishes,

1 comment:

koala said...

Hello Madge, long time no see !!! I am here !!! (^o^)/"""
I finally got my goal in Memphis, TN and settle down household goods ..., I feel it will take FOREVER ...
Anyway .... WOW, this is SUPER SUPER CUTE STAMP image and very beautiful coloring !!! (^o^)v"""
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT SO MUCH !!!
I also want to start crafting again soon, but need to unpack all boxes at first ...(@.@;)" (;*.*;)"""