Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Card for my little Angel

 

Birthdays are always special and this one is no exception – it is for a little girl who I will always call my P1110522little Amy-kins.  I’m allowed because I’m her gramma, and she loves me and tolerates me. 

A friend sent me an image of Tilda Blowing Bubbles and I just had to use it for this Birthday Card.  The Sentiment says, “May your day bubble over with fun!!”  I cut the image out and mounted it onto a white background embossed with my new Stampin’ Up folder.  Then I lightly rubbed a dauber inked with Bashful Blue across the raised embossing.  Different size circle punches were used to make “bubbles”, which I added glitter to, making them iridescent.

I used my copics to colour Tilda, using Blue and a bit of Violet to shade.  I really love the results.  Then I added more glitter to the dress and wings by P1110518feathering the glue pen and sprinkling glitter over it.

The card is an easel card which I just love to make – the formula for whipping them up for any size is so easy once yoP1110520u master it and allows the card to stand for display while the sentiment inside remains hidden. 

I found some white flowers in my “stash”, and coloured them by spritzing them with alcohol, (no, not the drinking kind) and colouring them with my copics.  The alcohol makes the “bleeding” so perfect.

I had this card in my mind for Amy-kins – and for once, everything fell into place making it easy to put together.

Hope you like the card and thank you in advance for taking the time to leave a comment – they are always greatly appreciated.

Rubber hugz, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,

Madge

aka: maddie6833

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Your card is beautiful, I love bubbling tilda too she is so cute !!
Your granddaughter will love this card !!
Hugs, Ellen

Peggie said...

Cute card. Love all the sparkles.

Regina said...

This is just beautiful Madge! I just love this Tilda and you really did an awesome job!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Regina

Sandy said...

This card is beautiful! I love the way you colored Tilda - love the idea for punching out the bubbles. If sparkles should go on anything it should be on bubbling Tilda!
Sandy D

Candy said...

Wonderful card, Madge. I know your Amy is going to love it.
You have done a great job using your new embossing folder and making all the glittery bubbles. Tilda is coloured beautifully.
Hugs, Candy

anaRy said...

Oh my she is adorable! Lovely soft tones you used...what an inspiration!
Super hugs
anaRy

Rene said...

So pretty...love her sparkly wings! Way to go with the flowers...genius!

Jean said...

So very beautiful.. love your spritzing and coloring.. your easel card is magnificent and love your layout... great card fro your little granddaughter.. she will love it...
Hugs Jean

Nancy said...

What a cute card. I love this image and you did a wonderful job coloring her.