Monday, July 26, 2010

Just Magnolia week 65 Vintage Challenge

My card came about for the challenge over at Just Magnolia which is "Vintage" and for the 

  I found a link to make flowers with a Cricut Cartridge and this was my first attempt - It is big, but not bold.  I thought it looked very "vintagy".  

I love this little Tilda holding eggs and decided to use her in the challenge.  Diana at Magnolia Stamps appears to be out of this stamp, but if you ask her nicely, she will order it in.  

 
I usually go much more distressed for a Vintage look, but felt with the large flower this was a good balance.  Still not quite absolutely positively sure about the flower, but it is glued down so I will have to keep it for now.


Here are the supplies I used to make the card.
  • Spellbinders Label Four
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink  (walnut stain) and (antique linen)
  • Basic Grey  (Cappella paper pad) Love the colours!!
  • Momenta (Story About Me collection) paper
  • SU cardstock for base of card
  • Copics:  
    • Skin:  R00; R20; E11
    • Hair:  E11; E13; E17; E57
    • Dress and Socks:  B91; B93; C1
    • Shading:  C1
  • Lace Strip:  Martha Stewart Lace Edge Border punch
  • Flourish:  Cricut Storybook cartridge
  • Flower:  Cricut George cartridge;  paper scraps; Stickles; Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.
I cut and embossed the image with Spellbinders Label Four and distressed it with Walnut Stain distress ink.  I also distressed the papers with the same ink to give it a  vintage look.

I'm looking forward to taking a copic class at the beginning of August  - I'm really wanting to learn how to use them to get the fabulous results that I keep seeing.  

The inside of the card doesn't have a sentiment added because I haven't decided what to use yet.  I have decorated it with a vintage rose paper scrap using the MS Lace Border punch and MS Butterfly.

Hope you like the card - Remember, Stamp up a Storm - Ink up a Wish and send it on to someone to brighten their day.

Rubber hugs, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge
aka:  maddie6833


8 comments:

Jean said...

I love this vintage card.. the flower is perfect and your coloring and paper and coloring is so beautiful... have never seen this Tilda before but am loving her. Anyhway I do love this card and you did great...
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

What lovely card, definitely vintage looking and I really love your gorgeous flower.
hugs
Jennifer

Lisette Morris said...

Very pretty! Your flower is great! Very Vintage, beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors...and the flowers...and I especially love that the inside is as beautiful as the front! Pat Frank

Bev said...

Wonderful vintage card! Thanks so much for joining JM this week x

Dena said...

How gorgeous! That large flower is amazing!!! Great card!
Thank you for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and this colored Tilda is so cute on this card. Thanks for sharing :o)
hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Beautiful vintage card and that flower is gorgeous! Hugs, Cami