Thursday, July 15, 2010
Isn't it funny how cards happen. A friend recently had a Birthday and I had an idea for a card.......the paper, the stamps, the layout and the template all came together -- until it came to putting the elements together, then the original idea went astray. The card was meant to be an easel card, the stamped image didn't fit into the portrait plan, so had to be switched to landscape..... the papers were a little too bright for the intended image, the layout - well it changed because of the paper. To make a long story short, I ended up with a card that was never intended to be.
I used copics to colour Dinner Tilda, available here. It appears that Diana is out of stock on this particular stamp, but will be more than happy to order it for you if you absolutely need it.
I cut the image out and mounted her on a 3-D ribbon sticker. I used dollar store flowers, which were white and coloured them by spraying them with alcohol and using copics to get the shading. The stamens are little stamen clusters bought on another sprig of flowers at the same $$ store. The leaves are a prima flower, which I separated and glued down to make leaves. I cut the border on my cricut, using design studio along with the border around the frame. After I mounted Tilda in the circle, I decided to shade with Copic C-1 to make the image appear to be shadowed. I'm rather pleased with the way the card turned out considering that I had a totally different plan for it to start with.
Remember, "Stamp up a Storm, Ink up a Wish, and send it on to someone to brighten their day.
Rubber hugs, inky wishes, Cricut Chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
at 5:10 p.m.