Hi all, to those of you who do pop in from time-to-time, I have fantastic news to share!! I have been given the honor to design for a Newsletter for WHIMSY STAMPS! Yea!! I've been sitting on the news for a couple of weeks - and I'm a little excited!!My first post for the Newsletter and I'm a wee bit nervous (ok, a lot). Anxiety stress, is the worse kind....lol. Here in the Okanagan Valley, we have beautiful sunny days - with snow all around us - and later in the season we even have flowers blooming with snow heaped up in our yards. Bizarre! The end of winter is also the end of flu and cold season. I've chosen to make a "FBS" kit. FBS, you ask? Feel Better Soon. I've topped it with an easel card using the absolutely adorable stamp, Holly", before I put it aside for the season. She is also a little fairy.... and the mere thought of a fairy makes one feel better in an instant - especially this little cutie.
You might notice the difference in my image from the original stamp - because I did Mirror image stamping to reverse the image.
I shall skip the part of how I constructed the front as it is quite self-explanatory.
I had a "FBS" kit in mind when I created this project. I downloaded some beautiful papers from Whimsy's digital paper collection "Digital Magnolia Spring Blossom Papers", from the ever-so-talented Michele R. Oh my, soft colors, subtle and beautiful! Talk about instant gratification!!
A box to fill with "FB" stuff was next. Kleenex, hand cream, lip balm, and stash teas were the items that came to mind. Some careful measuring, and not so careful cutting, gave me a box bottom that fell 1/8" short of the little pkt. of Kleenex. Not to worry - the Kleenex fit sideways.
Note: I made a little wrapper from more of the Spring Blossom papers to pretty up the Kleenex.
Tip: Perfect weight for a sturdy box bottom is a cereal box or the "lightweight chipboard" from the back of those 12" x 12" paper pads.
My box measures 4 1/4" x 6" x 1 1/2, giving me enough real estate to put my items into. (4 1/2" would have been better) (groan).
I wanted a drop-down lid that would act as a cover to fall into place over the contents. 2 1/8" was added to both sides of the box measurements. I then scored the box measurement in the center of the card stock. I lined up a border punch (EK Success), folded the corners, and glued them to make a fitted lid (like a fitted bedspread). (I added the flatback pearls to cover up a small rip).
The back of the box was hinged to the back of the easel card to join them. The top was decorated with more of those luscious papers of Michele's and a soft cranberry toule bow was added on top of a pop dot for a "stopper".
Xpress it blending card
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Copic Markers: Skin: R00, E11, R20 Hair: E30, E31, E34, E37 Scarf & warmers: R81, R83, R39 Sweater: B91, B93, C1 Leaves & Branch: YG63, YG03, E53, E49,
Misc. (wings) Sakura Stardust Pen, (snow) Matte White Glossy Accents and White Embossing Powder, SU die cut; Get Well Stamp, fern punch, MS Border punch, EK Success border punch, card stock from stash, sewing machine.I hope you enjoy my finished project - I had lots of fun (and frustration) getting it to work. A tree was definitely harmed in the making of this project. lol
"Remember, stamp up a storm, ink up a wish and send it on to someone to make their day".